View Single Post
Old
07-11-2011, 01:10 PM
Tigers1992

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormtracker View Post
I have the same low expectations as most other Storm fans but the team does have some legitimate top four defense and Sparks in net to look forward to as positives (depending on whom the overagers are). Offense will be an issue subject to the development of the first and second year players.

I cannot help but think though that teams like Owen Sound, Saginaw, and Erie will also be hurting from graduation so the Storm might have some company from others hit hard by departures to scrap for the last playoff spot. Maybe supporters of those teams might have a better understanding.
I look at Guelph as a team that me be able to be a low tier competitive team (battle for a playoff spot), but what benefit is that? If your going to struggle to compete for the playoffs, then you may as well trade everything and do it right.

I referenced Kingston in my past post, but thats what they have always done wrong (this year included with the trade for Bobkov). Trading picks for filler players so that they could be the last playoff team.

Why push to be the best of the worst? Barrie did it right, they got the best player to build around, and will be better for it.

Tigers1992 is offline   Reply With Quote