View Single Post
Old
07-11-2011, 01:30 PM
Codependent
Fail for Nail!

vCash: 500
I'm hoping Hamrlik-Green works out, but its still a question mark. I like Halpern and Ward's addition even if they had to over pay on Ward and I like Brouwer too. I think they all added missing elements. Obviously they still don't have a proven 2nd line center and I think Johanson has a better chance of being that guy then Brooks but he could use some more time to develop. Vokoun is the big coup and potential game changer but he's not proven in the playoffs yet, so there's only one way to find out. I'm more optimistic about the players then I was going into the off season but I'm just as pessimistic about the coach. Green and Semin performed a little better but they both still have health and performance concerns and sadly now Backstrom is a concern as well, though I believe a coaching change would do him well. Also, I don't believe players like Backstrom are quitting on Bruce necessarily but I do believe they lack confidence and focus under him and he is unable to exercise leadership effectively enough at high pressure moments, especially when the going gets rough. I'm concerned they make it to the next round and then lose and they keep Bruce anyway and look more and more like the Sharks, although the Sharks are more successful then them at this point. I'd like to think the combination of leadership, goal tending, experience and toughness they've added helps change the chemistry of the team and that they overcome their past failures. I think the further development of Johanson and Carlson-Alzner will help as well. I would be glad to be proven wrong about the coaching- he certainly should have a good shot with this squad.

Codependent is offline   Reply With Quote