Thread: Theodore
View Single Post
Old
10-20-2003, 07:57 PM
RE-HABS

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hab at it
I agree with Mats, it was a soft goal. not taking anything away from his other performances or with the rest of that game but they showed a replay right after the goal was scored and Breezer had his man pushed out of the way and Theo was looking straight at the logo on his chest when the puck was hitting his arm and going in. I think he simply pushed too hard laterally and overplayed the shot.
Sure Brisebois had his man pushed out the way before the shot reaches the net, but was the shot going through already? Was the screen already done it's job? You can see it easier (because you get a couple different angles on replays) on TV and think why can't he stop it? Theo has to see it on the ice only once and sometimes through a maze of players and screens and deflections...sometimes I think people here expect too much and are never satisfied. Be happy we are winning, plus Theo never got any help from the offense either...the score was 1-0...not exactly like he let in a crutial goal after a 3-3 tie, the offense has to bail him out too, not just him bail them out.