View Single Post
Old
07-11-2011, 04:46 PM
Sabretip

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moskau View Post
Miller is very un clutch though. He lets in so many goals from the point with just one or two guys screening him. He always lets in goals late in the game and has consistently been outplayed by Henrik Lundqvist. He's just not that good and Enroth will probably take over as starter as early as this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffaloed View Post
Enroth may be trying to get himself traded. Playing behind Miller doesn't offer many opportunities for career advancement.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGIII View Post
Spelling a Vezina caliber goalie is about as great a job as a young goaltender could ask for. Solid amount of games played, not as much pressure, learning from the best at the position are all pros.

Enroth has only shown potential to be trustworthy in net in lieu of Miller. He didn't nearly prove he's a starter in this league yet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nsturgis17 View Post
This could be true. As a native of the Greater-Portland area and a longtime Portland Pirates fan I know for a fact that he has stated his enthusiasm to learn from Ryan Miller, but at the same time the fact that Miller is only 31 years old and will likely be the Sabres starting goalie for most of the forseeable future receiving the vast majority of playing time throughout the regular season could be a huge negative factor in Enroth's willingness to stay, especially under a contract that is the league minimum. It's not hard to understand that Enroth may want to go to a team where he can become a starting NHL goalie sooner than later, and Buffalo probably isn't the place where that is likely to happen, unless Miller falls off the face of the earth.
Who knows what he's thinking, or his agent is telling him, but if he thinks he's already starting goalie material after only 15 games, he's being unrealistic. No other team is going to take any more of a chance on him than Buffalo would at the moment.

Miller's contract runs out in 3 years - at which time he'll be 34 and Enroth 26. If he's smart, he signs up for 3 years in Buffalo, learns what he can behind Miller while enjoying the likely success the Sabres seem destined for in the near future and sees what's the situation in 2014. If Miller is still the Sabres' go-to guy at that time, Enroth can become a free agent again (which I presume will be UFA based on age but I'll let the capologists/CBA experts correct me if not) and move on - and have a better chance of soliciting offers from teams as their starter after having 3 more years of NHL experience to show what he can or can't do.