View Single Post
Old
07-11-2011, 06:08 PM
VanSciver

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
Let's not get this started again. Our positions are irreconcilable, and at this point I think we need to keep him because I don't think we are going to get anybody better back. He's going to need to score more than 1 goal this year though, and he's going to need to actually stand his ground when facing opposing forwards. Coburn is finally learning to do it, so it's not impossible for Carle to do it.

And let's be honest, Carter and Richards weren't moved instead of Carle because of Carle being indispensable. There were obviously other factors in play that we officially are in the dark about.
Carle does stand his ground defensively. That's been proven. I agree, goal scoring is one area where Carle needs to take a step forward. All player has strengths and weaknesses and finishing his chances wasn't one last year for Carle. He's shown that ability in the past.

No player is indispensable unless your Crosby or Ovechkin. And I never said or hinted in any way that Richards and Carter were moved because Carle was indispensable. What I did say repeatedly and brung up were the reasons why a defenseman shouldn't be moved to gain Cap space. I was right all along. And that's further reinforced by the statements that Lukko and Holmgren of made that they wanted to keep their defense intact this off season. That situation was badly missed by many when the reasons not to trade Carle were obvious.

VanSciver is offline   Reply With Quote