View Single Post
Old
10-20-2003, 08:49 PM
buffalowing

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to buffalowing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jame
let it be known that i originally said that colorado would never do this deal. the point was to see if sabre fans would be willing to give to get what they need. most seem to think its overpaying. i think Adam Foote, or a player just like him (not many) is exactly what the sabres need. and id give a lot to get him.
I still think your crazy. Connolly and Biron both have big upsides, Mckee in entering his prime. Overall all these players were drafted in the first round. You want to send them packing for a guy who is older, yea he maybe be better but, Foote on this team wouldn't come as close to filling the void that Mckee, Connolly and Biron would leave. How many people are sick of Chris Taylor? If you get rid of Connolly, Taylor will be with us all year. I'd take a lil' timmy over a Career AHLer in Taylor. Plus you'd take away Mckee and your giving away the best Defensive Defenseman we have. Yea, your getting a better one, but an older one, the last time I checked this team was rebuilding, not trying to take a run at Lord Stanley. Than your giving up Biron, who I would take over Aebischer, any day. Biron never really has anyone playing Defense in front of him. Aebischer has Adam Foote, Rob Blake, Derek Morris, plus a cast of great - Two-way forwards in front of him. Aebischer wouldn't fare to much better than Biron would in front of this pathetic Defense.