View Single Post
Old
07-11-2011, 09:15 PM
Ohashi_Jouzu

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsEra View Post
Quality fourth liners can be very valuables.. See guys like Shawn Thorton, Chris Neil ect..

Archambeault reminds me of Corey Locke while Pybril, a 168th overall pick in the last draft, remains a project at this point..

Dumont I could see him make the team in the next years, I like his speed and grit alot, reminds me of a faster Maxime Talbot..
There's "valuable" and then there's "top prospect"... that's what I'm saying. I understand that NHL readiness has to be factored in, but I guess I don't understand weighing it so heavily that a "top prospect" list turns into a simple timeline of when people expect these guys to crack the NHL. And if a timeline is what we're creating here, at what point does a prospect's age start working against him in something like this. I mean, if a guy is 23/24, he should obviously be "closer" to making the NHL than someone who is 20. If these two guys are both expected to fill a similar role at the major league level, but the 20 year old looks like he won't take as long as the 23/24 year old has, should he not be rated higher, for example?