Thread: Line Combos: What would your final moves be?
View Single Post
Old
07-11-2011, 10:52 PM
Gabe84
Bring back Bonk!

vCash: 500
I don't understand why some of you would want an over-the-hill veteran over a very feisty, reliable White. I think it's time we give the guy a full time job in the NHL. I like our roster the way it is. I REALLY don't want a Kovalev or a Bernier pushing guys like Moen down the chart. I'm way happier with Moen, even if he has stone hands, playing on the third line. The only time Kovalev played motivated for us is when he was the go-to guy. That's the kind of position he excels at. We cannot offer him that. Let the go of the guy.

And I think that the combination of Markov-Subban-Gorges is a solid top-3. Then you have Weber and Emelin looking for a chance to round-out that top 4, and Gill/Spacek to fill out the third pairing. That's a solid defense, in my opinion. It's time to give the young guys a chance. Even if they end up screwing up once in a while, that's how they're going to learn.

I like this roster. It's not the best, but I see no options out there in the UFA market that are really enticing to me or that could really make us better. Maybe a Mara, or a Sopel as an extra Dman, as many of you have mentioned. But not at the cost of our actual players' icetime.

Last edited by Gabe84: 07-11-2011 at 11:11 PM.
Gabe84 is online now   Reply With Quote