View Single Post
Old
07-12-2011, 02:40 AM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by haveandare View Post
Well, since you asked, an okay reason to leave a team is that your contract with them is over and you honored it throughout its duration. Thats what Richards did. Thats what Graves did if I'm not mistaken. That's not even slightly like what Rudalov did let alone "exactly" like it. He signed a contract and then broke it. Once you sign a contract with a team you play for that team until the contract is over - period. There is no excuse for what Rudalov did to the Predators franchise, not more money in another league, not home sickness - nothing.

Can you really not put yourself in their shoes even a little bit? If the Rangers spent a first on a player who played a part of their contract, looked promising, and then ditched the team and blatantly went against what they had agreed to in writing you think that would be okay? Or you think that is the same and not resigning with a team after you have played out your contract? I have a hard time believing that anyone could think that.
Okay, great. But that wouldn't be an issue if this had been the Rangers. If this had been the Rangers, he almost certainly wouldn't have left. How he dealt with Nashville may not be to your liking, but since it wouldn't really be an issue here, what relevance does it hold?

He's a very skilled, multi-faceted offensive player. I'd love to have him here. And I'm sure David Poile would love to have him back, as well, whether it be as a player or an asset.

NYR Sting is offline   Reply With Quote