Thread: Prospect Info: Rangers Prospect Poll: #13
View Single Post
Old
07-12-2011, 05:20 AM
Jxmarts

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerEsq View Post
I asked before if JAM should be counted as a prospect since he was only signed by Hartford and not by the Rangers, and Emma Royd said he shouldn't count.

If Jam is in, I want him in the poll immediately. The kid is a tremendous offensive talent and should definitely be up there.

Also, why no love for Noreau? He was drafted the same round as McColgan so obviously the Rangers must've thought he was quality.

Don't be fooled by JAM's overage junior scoring numbers. Most 20 year olds dominate in juniors. It happens every year that we drool over someone's overage stats & it's almost always misleading. If you want to evaluate a junior player statwise, look at his stats as an 18 year old and his development right after his draft year. Those stats are the most telling for an offensive player. It was a good signing, though... I'm rooting for him.

I agree with you about Noreau though... very young & already one of the best fighters in junior hockey. He's not just a big, tough kid -- his fighting skills are those of a NHL veteran. You'd think you were watching Dave Brown when you watch him fight. But just as importantly, his 5 goals as a 17 year old defenseman are a sign that he might be more than just a pure goon.

Jxmarts is offline   Reply With Quote