Thread: TSN: Doughty vs. Subban
View Single Post
Old
07-12-2011, 09:18 AM
neofury*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Dipietro View Post
There's no arguing that Doughty's poise when he first broke out in the league was nothing short of amazing. But one wonders how much of it could be attributed to playing in a more moderate hockey market and possibly more permissive coaches
That's definitely another way to look at it.

What Subban accomplished on a shorter leash (most of the season) as well as a weaker team (in both post seasons one being not even a real rookie) is commendable and very thought provoking in terms of his compete level, work ethic and development.

Plus I saw a video of PK recently and he looked like he had added 10lbs of muscle. He looks absolutely huge. If he weren't black I may have asked "Andrei is that you?". He may have reached his ceiling but god help the rest of the league if this is just the tip of the ice berg.

For that and the cap space alone I roll the dice on Subban.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs View Post
Hab homers are awesome.... 'Subban over Doughty no question, Doughty sux'.
Habs pessimists are awesome too... crying over every little thing management does or thing fans say. Why do you even bother following the team or sport? Honestly why don't you just go watch the Red Sox. Obviously people like you can't handle watching a sport in a competitive league and would rather watch a rigged sport where only 8 teams can compete every year. You're holding onto the past dude, this isn't back in the day anymore where the habs assaulted the draft get over it. Only one in thirty teams wins each year, it isn't 1/6 teams with the habs scamming all the good players out of the draft anymore