View Single Post
Old
07-12-2011, 01:18 PM
le_sean

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Gardien View Post
He has a degenerative knee injury, however, and so far there don't seem to be any prognoses that say he'll be able to play again? Originally, it was going to keep the Rangers from buying him out, but Drury was a nice guy and let them off the hook, apparently. Something like that. It probably means he's not a good option, however. Even if he tries to come back (I don't know if he has said that he will or not), it means he's still going to be hobbled and an ongoing injury concern.

Madden or even Draper are better options at this point, IMHO. They both have wheels, and play smart. Won't be able to chip in on offense much/at all, but they are smart, can skate, and have been winners.
I agree the knee might be a problem and it's probably the reason he hasnt signed a contract yet. He's just an attractive option considering he's a RH shot, which is what the team needs at centre.

I don't mind Madden, but I would stay away from Draper. He was a healthy scratch in Detroit and has regressed a bit. In fact I think when he did play he was used on the wing.