Thread: Stamkos
View Single Post
Old
07-12-2011, 03:02 PM
bernmeister

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LyNX27 View Post
Maybe its because one of the minds being spoken for is not really a great mind. Stamkos is the face of Tampa Bay and is perfectly happy, I don't see him going anywhere, the only reason there is talk like this is because his camp is trying to get as good of a contract as possible.
You overlooked my post at #164
"In sum, as I said in an earlier post, I think Stamkos is doing the NHLPA a favor and trying to push up the price to top dollar. I'm not aware of any reason why he would not actually sign with Tampa. The speculation addresses only the outside possibility that he might be dealt at all, for a ridiculous bounty, in lieu of 4 firsts, which would be required to get him pre-signed to an acceptable length contract to make such surrender of assets worthwhile."

I agree with your conclusion:
Stamkos is the face of Tampa Bay and is perfectly happy, I don't see him going anywhere, the only reason there is talk like this is because his camp is trying to get as good of a contract as possible.

My post as to a deal was simply as to IF a deal were to be a reality anytime soon, then for the rationale suggested, some variation on that deal would be more likely (as opposed to giving up Richards, Hank, AA... etc.).

bernmeister is online now   Reply With Quote