View Single Post
Old
10-21-2003, 02:49 AM
WhoIsJimBob
I Believe

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jame
and i dont buy into the idea that you have to be able to be on top of all 3 phases of the game to be considered a #1 dman. Adam Foote is a #1 dman. Just cause you cant qb the pp like lidstrom or blake doesnt mean youre not a #1 guy. damn, Zhitnik is considered a #1 guy and he's not on top of any phases of the game..... actually the more i think about it. i cant really think of many dmen to compare adam foote too....i think on his own he deserves to be considered a #1 guy. but not many other guys can pull that off without having "all 3 phases".
Who considers Zhitnik a #1 defensemen?

Most people I know consider him a #2 or #3 defenseman that has to play the #1 defenseman role in Buffalo because they don't have a true #1 defenseman and haven't had one in years.

Adam Foote is a solid, solid defenseman. And he's probably one of the top 2 or 3 #2 defensemen in the NHL.

I just feel that, like Zhitnik, he's not a complete #1 d-man because he lacks the offensive game that guys like Blake and Pronger have.

Would I like to have Foote on the Sabres? Absolutely. But it isn't going to happen regardless of who the Sabres offer up unless they go nuts and offer Drury, Vanek, and McKee.