Thread: Confirmed with Link: Joel Ward to Caps 4yrs/ 3 Million Per
View Single Post
Old
07-12-2011, 04:27 PM
Dirtbag59

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake1588 View Post
He's just flat-out better in the playoffs. There are guys like that in this league. Twenty GMs looked into his services in the last couple of days, all knowing that 40 points is about what he'll get in the season. You don't bring him in for December hockey, but for May hockey. I don't think he'll be on the second line for long, but he'll work his way back there as a fixture in the post season. He has that second gear when it matters.
That worries me. A reputation like that can change in the blink of an eye. I admit theres probably players that get a little to nervous and maybe grip their sticks a little tighter and Ward is probably a little bit more relaxed or confident when the playoffs come around, but to me it just seems scary to bank on anyone being superman in the playoffs.

For example who would have thought that Nick would have had two points in 9 games when after the last two years he averaged over a point a game during the postseason? 24 points in 21 games over the last two years. Then suddenly BAM 2 points in 9 games.

Personally I will bank on Ward playing his heart out, working the boards, and playing tight defense while keeping in mind that at any moment he can go on a hot streak and even help some of the grittier less skilled lines put up points. However in no way will I bank on him putting up points in the postseason.

Dirtbag59 is offline   Reply With Quote