View Single Post
Old
10-21-2003, 03:17 AM
Goulet17

vCash: 500
News from Post and News 10-21-03

Svatos is scheduled for surgery on his partially dislocated surgery and likely will miss the remainder of the season. It is his second major surgery on his left shoulder in the last nine months.

Worrell practiced Monday and although he will not play tonight, he may make his season debut against Edmonton on Thursday.

The Post reported that Granato plans to use McAllister on the wing tonight on a line with Cummins and Battaglia. Talk about one of the all time bad lines, this line may make me pine for the days of Shantz and Keane on the fourth line.

I can't imagine such a line getting more than 4-5 minutes of ice team. It really just means the Avs are going with three lines only tonight. I think it also means that Battaglia's days are numbered in Colorado. He has already been a healthy scratch by Granato and now he will play on a throw away line less than five games into the season. It is obvious to me that Granato doesn't like him for whatever reason. It would be nice to at least trade him for something if he is simply an asset that will not be utilized here in Colorado.