View Single Post
Old
07-12-2011, 07:45 PM
Warm Cookies
The Dynamic Duo

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlyTheBrave View Post
It's about how he feels with the weight though, if he feels fine at that weight, I will trust him and the trainers because they don't seem to be discouraged by it.

I just hope with the weight, Tangradi uses his size more often and punishes players along the boards and in front of the net on the powerplay. I still have a lot of hope for Tangradi.
Oh, definitely. It could go either way, and the proof will be in the pudding. I just know that he wasn't the fleetest of foot last year and I was hoping he might've gained a step this off-season, which the extra weight might compromise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Altenbaugh View Post
He basically said that getting tougher mentally allowed him to be tougher physically.

He felt that he really started to carve out a niche towards the end of the season with the Pens and while it was only two games, I tend to agree. He provided a strong net-front presence on the PP and in general seemed to provide a lot of energy when he was on the ice.
For sure. I was begging for Bylsma to throw ET into the playoff line-up when we were struggling so badly on the PP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sideline View Post
People hear 230 and think it's crazy big because most guys are 5'10" and they get pretty bulky at 185. I'm 6'5" and I'd be close to Nugent-Hopkins skinny at 185. If Tangradi is a legit 6'4" then 230 doesn't seem "too big" to me.
Yeah, it's not gargantuan, but it gives pause. Some big net-front guys like Knuble and Byfuglien play at that 230+, but I think it's fairly rare, especially for guys getting regular even-strength time.

Warm Cookies is online now   Reply With Quote