Thread: Speculation: Red Wings in the NorthEast
View Single Post
Old
07-12-2011, 09:22 PM
Lucius

vCash: 500
No matter what they do, the divisions will be screwed up. To me, the sanest thing to do is move Nashville to the Southeast. Geographically that makes the most sense, but given Nashville is in the Central time zone, I doubt they do that. If they did though, they could move Dallas to the Central (which makes a load of sense), Winnipeg to the Northwest (with the other West Canada teams) and Colorado to the Pacific.

Putting Winnipeg away from Vancouver, Calgary and Edmonton where they'll be a draw and into a division where they'll be going to St. Louis and places where Winnipeg won't draw seems silly.

Plus it solves the Southeast problem. Atlanta leaves a big hole. Washington already geographically makes zero sense in that division. If they put Detroit or Columbus in the Atlantic or Northeast, it sets off a chain reaction that results in someone like Pittsburgh being in the Southeast, which is just insane. But Crosby vs. Ovechkin might outweigh the state rivalries, I guess. The problem with the Atlantic is that it's hard to split up the three NY teams or the two Pennsylvania teams. Columbus and Detroit though are both in the Eastern time zone, and geographically, the closest team to Columbus is Pittsburgh (it's closer to Pitts then Philly is).

Lucius is offline   Reply With Quote