View Single Post
Old
09-18-2005, 12:51 PM
Release The Lehner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by champben2002
Can anyone give evidence to support the claim that the guys who go to the net get frequently injured, or that it is a serious concern. If it is a major concern than I say put Grats there. Yeah, his hands probably suck, but at least he will know enough to just stand there and take a beating.
Assuming there is a 1% greater chance of getting injured if part of your job is to stand in front of the net on the PP, is the upgrade of Chara over McGrattan worth that risk? It's the same as fighting. How often do players that get into fights break their hands? Not very often at all but last season in the playoffs when Iginla got into a fight that's all anyone could talk about. It's not likely but the risk is there and sometimes even that small amount of risk isn't worth it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by champben2002
But, I do think that the job should go to someone in the 6-5, 220+ range.
And once again another reason why we should have signed Chris Gratton. As far as I'm concerned he is the perfect 3rd/4th line center to fill Ottawa's current needs. Big gritty guy who can stand in front of the net, has a bit of offensive skill, and is excellent in the faceoff circle.