View Single Post
Old
07-13-2011, 12:54 PM
Buddy The Elf
Kings!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RH63 View Post

If logic were to factor in, hands down Lewis should be the RW if not the C on the 3rd line. He's one of our best two way forwards.
In my opinion, Lewis is going to be the 4th line center unless he flops in camp and Loktionov flourishes which is unlikely. We've already seen that Lewis can handle the 4th line duy. He doesn't need a promotion unless he earns it. I don't see any reason why a second year guy can't mull around on the 4th line and continue to round out his game. That is what Red Wings model is and I assume what DL & co trying to emulate. And TM said himself he doesn't see Loktionov or Lewis playing wing:

Quote:
re 3/4 line: @LAKings coach Murray says Loktionov / Lewis are better centers, doesnt see either playing wing next yr, 5 Cs is 'good problem'
Now that isn't exactly gospel especially coming out of Murray's mouth but I personally think Loktionov will be in Manchester come fall. He's hurt himself twice in his short career. He needs minutes and time to buidl up strength so hopefully his arms don't fall out again.

As far as Richardson goes, I don't think he is any worse than Parse or some of the other players mentioned to play on the wing on the 3rd line. I think he is weakness defensively is more glaring at center than it is at the wing as it should be. And like I said, it wouldn't be shocking to see TM use Gagne/Richards as the stopper line given their defensive prowess and put more offense on the 3rd line with Stoll. the Kings are going to have depth which will give them roster flexibility but going off the coaches comments, it doesn't look like he anticipates using either Lewis or Loktionov on the wing.

Buddy The Elf is offline   Reply With Quote