07-13-2011, 02:07 PM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

vCash: 500
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by HogtownSabresfan View Post
You can't compare the injuries and certainly not the skill level. How old was Kessel when he scored 36 for Bruins? 21? That's why Burke gave up so much in picks. Kessel has already proven he's a 30 goal scorer. Connolly has never hit 20 goals and only 60 points once. And he's 30 now. Kessel is not yet 25.
One thing I know for sure is I don't buy into these sullen loner junk. Media makes this crap up about players they don't like. When a guy gets traded multiple times, that does make me wonder. If Connolly is such a jerk and so hated why did the Sabres keep him so long?
It's long been suspected that both Connolly and Taylor Pyatt were given a lot more slack than many due to being Regier's supposed "big return" back when he had to deal Mike Peca. Darcy has been known to hold onto "his guys" for a long, long time.

On the other hand, there was open cheering by some in the locker room when he signed his extension two years ago.