View Single Post
Old
07-13-2011, 01:50 PM
Swept In Seven
Muh Offensive Talent

vCash: 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthJerseyRanger View Post
The Penguins are the only team that strikes me as certainly better than the Rangers. For the rest of them in the East, I'm not so sure.

-Boston: great run to the Cup and certainly a good, balanced team. That said, I think the Rangers are right there with them.

-Tampa Bay: I think the Rangers are a better team than the Lightning. Better D, better goalie, now a somewhat comparable offense.

-Philadelphia: they're going to take awhile the acclimate themselves to their new team. They really changed their personnel and identity and I don't see them being very good this year.

-Washington: An enigma. I have no idea what to make of them. You would think now with Vokoun and being the perennial top seed in the East that they are ready to take that next step. Not too sure. I think the East has caught up with them. They certainly no longer steamroll teams like they did in 2009-10.

-New Jersey: played awful to start... then went on a run that was just unbelievable. There was a period there where you had to assume they were gonna get into the playoffs. I think they are very dangerous.

-Buffalo: definitely upgraded and they were a very solid team last year. I have to pick them as my favorite in the Northeast Division.

The thing about hockey is that you really have to see the team play in order to get an idea of how good they are. Hockey is not a sport in which teams get by on the merits of one individual (besides the goaltender at times). So it's very hard to predict where the Rangers will end up.

What I do know is that they are very hardworking, play a solid defensive system, and have an elite goaltender. Now, they are really injecting some pure talent into that mix. I'd have to pick the Rangers to finish anywhere from #1-#6. I don't think a playoff berth is going to be in question for the final months of the regular season. Should be solidly in the picture.
I agree with this. Pitt is the only team that if completely healthy, are better then the Rangers hands down. Everyone else, including Washington, are teams that we could finish ahead of (besides Division spots)

I can see anywhere from 1-6, and a possible Division Title. I think that we are more likely to finish 4-6, because I do not think that we are going to win the Atlantic yet.

Swept In Seven is offline   Reply With Quote