View Single Post
Old
07-13-2011, 02:24 PM
Glen Teflon Sather
Like A Boss

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Glen Teflon Sather
Could they contend for the division? Perhaps. There's 3 wild cards imo and that is how the dust settles in Philly, any affect of Crosby and Malkin's injuries, and the Devils. NJ was nowhere near as bad as they were to start and nowhere near as good in the second half. If they find the right coach aka trap fest, they easily can challenge for the division. Highest potentional for NYR: 2nd or 3rd seed, lowest potential I'd give them is 8th-9th seed. There's no reason they shouldn't improve with adding Richards. Factor in expected progression from Anisimov and Stepan, along with hopefully healthy years from Callahan and Dubinsky, a should be determined Wolski on a contract year, and they should be fine offensively. As for MZA, where does he fit? And if they bring Prospal back, I'm calling it now in a year MZA will be back in Europe, he's too overrated on here.

As for the defense, I think Sauer will be fine, plays a simple game, should be no sophmore slump. McDonagh may have more of a "slump" as he is still trying to add offense to his game. Staal and Girardi you can probably expect the same as last year. The third pairing is a big question mark as in just trying to predict it.

Goaltending won't be an issue (duh!). Henrik has been healthy his career, but with his style of play one has to wonder that has to end some time. Thank goodness they have Biron.

Glen Teflon Sather is offline   Reply With Quote