View Single Post
Old
10-21-2003, 06:40 AM
303Joe

vCash: 500
Before you guys get all hyped up about Webb...

let me say a few things. 1st I don't think he signed a a contract I believe they said he was offered a contract. If he does sign it will not be a trade just a UFA signing. Now if he signs let me say a few things after watching him for several years. I'm not going to take anything away from the man when he is one the ice he puts in a 100% and throws his body around like no one else does for his size. Also tries to fight if he has to althought not to good at it he does puts in the effort. Problem is he may be the one of the most talentless player in the league and 2nd problems is the last few season he has missed alot of time w/ back spasms that keep him out at 5-10 games a clip. Hes a little small to be doing all this hitting and maybe all the hits are catching up w/ his body. As I said I take nothing away from the guy as he did all he could for the Isles in his time here. It was just time for him to move along w/ the emergence of Godard as a legit heavyweight and a few younger players that can put a few goals in as well as throw the body if needed.