View Single Post
Old
10-21-2003, 06:54 AM
Fletch

vCash: 500
Generally agree with most, but some comments...

Dunham's playing greaet...

Lindros played very well. Aggressive, took shots, got things done despite playing with Rosie, who's an impediment thus far. Lundmark looked better, but is weak along the boards.

Carter got some props for playing a decent game, but I thought he handled the puck mostly poorly, although he seemed to touch the puck a lot. He had chances to win over fans as he had some guys lined up for nice checks, but didn't take it, so the boos continued.

Holik arrived, which was nice to see. Lacouture was mostly silent, but I think it was somewhat a function of Carter carrying the puck so much and losing it.

Hlavac sucks. No confidence with the puck at all. Unfortunate for Kovalev, who was all over the puck in all zones and wasn't a bit careless. Thought he played great and set-up many a chance that Hlavac blew, as well as Nedved (who I thought struggled with the puck mostly, but made a great defensive play (no point) to set up the Poti goal which proved to be the winner). Kovalev should've been on the point, not deVries. PP would've scored last night if deVries wasn't on it...they moved the puck well.

The Mess line played very well. Simon played OK, but his bodychecking skills suck, especially when compared to Sandy. Like what he had to say post game about sticking up for his teammates though.

Defense overall played pretty well. deVries is a chance taker, but seems to recover nicely. Kaspar was solid, but still waiting for that big hit...seems as though Kaspar's afraid to take a penalty. Bouchard was solid, as was Mironov, once Malakhov was gone. Poti played very well, except on one shift where I think he thought Dunham would gobble up the puck, but let up a rebound and the Hagman goal followed.

Glad to see the refs are in midseason form already.

Good win against a bad team. Some things look as though they're starting to click, and even without Lindros, I think Lundmark will play well with Mess.

They have a few days to watch the Yankees, and work out some kinks still. Saturday's a big test, and it's nice to start the home season 1-0-2. We shall see what this team's made of.