View Single Post
Old
07-13-2011, 09:38 PM
ReginKarlssonLehner
Let's Win It All

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by delchief View Post
Well, you say that like it's obvious he should be there. How do I know? DaCosta seems like a nice player and put up some points at Merrimack College. Hasn't proven diddly at the NHL level yet so he either becomes a top-9 guy in the NHL or he doesn't. I don't believe this is the worst exclusion in the world considering the man was an undrafted free-agent. Put him in your proposed roster if you like him so much.
Some points? 90 points in 67 games in the OHL would be something special. In the NCAA it's even more special.

1.32 PPG in his freshman year and 1.36 in his sophomore year.

Bobby Butler recorded a 1.35 PPG in his senior year. Da Costa recorded 1.32in his freshman year, 3 years younger than Butler then repeated the feat and got 1.36 in his sophomore.

By the way, Da Costa's numbers were better than Jordon Schroeder who got a 1.29 PPG in his freshman year. Da Costa also beat out Colin Wilson who got 1.28 in his sophomore year.

Better than JVR, Stalberg, Caporusso, TJ Oshie, better than TOEWS 1.35 in his sophomore year.

In fact Jonathan Toews got 85 points in 79 games both freshman and sophomore. In those 2 years, Da Costa records 90 in 67. HMMMMMMM...

Since he didn't get drafted everyone doesn't care about him and LOVE Puempel I mean...FIRST ROUND! AMIRITE!?

By the way, when someone is signed out of college why are they not touted so highly compared to regular prospects? That's because they are usually in their senior year which is around 23-24.

Da Costa turned 21.

ReginKarlssonLehner is offline   Reply With Quote