Thread: Line Combos: Ottawa Line combos for the future:
View Single Post
Old
07-13-2011, 10:15 PM
WantEggRoll

vCash: 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReginKarlssonLehner View Post
Some points? 90 points in 67 games in the OHL would be something special. In the NCAA it's even more special.

1.32 PPG in his freshman year and 1.36 in his sophomore year.

Bobby Butler recorded a 1.35 PPG in his senior year. Da Costa recorded 1.32in his freshman year, 3 years younger than Butler then repeated the feat and got 1.36 in his sophomore.

By the way, Da Costa's numbers were better than Jordon Schroeder who got a 1.29 PPG in his freshman year. Da Costa also beat out Colin Wilson who got 1.28 in his sophomore year.

Better than JVR, Stalberg, Caporusso, TJ Oshie, better than TOEWS 1.35 in his sophomore year.

In fact Jonathan Toews got 85 points in 79 games both freshman and sophomore. In those 2 years, Da Costa records 90 in 67. HMMMMMMM...

Since he didn't get drafted everyone doesn't care about him and LOVE Puempel I mean...FIRST ROUND! AMIRITE!?

By the way, when someone is signed out of college why are they not touted so highly compared to regular prospects? That's because they are usually in their senior year which is around 23-24.

Da Costa turned 21.
That is impressive stuff, I just hope if he sticks around in Ottawa they find a helmet that makes his head look less huge.

Really though I don't get why people don't give the kid much credit when he is infact only 21. I wasn't crazily impressed with his games at the end of the season, but well he didn't get much of a shot. So with all of this uncertainty I'm really looking forward to camp this year.

WantEggRoll is offline   Reply With Quote