Old
07-13-2011, 11:21 PM
Lafleurs Guy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by E = CH² View Post
Doughty struggles in LA
PK thrives in Montreal

And when I say Doughty struggles.. I mean he doesn't achieve his full potential in a market where he has little pressure from fans/medias.

And PK thrives in circumstance much harder.

It's not that easy to find players who can blossom in this environment we're in.

And while Doughty has accomplished more, this is fairly irrelevant in what both will accomplish in the future.

Give me PK.
Doughty was absolutely incredible in the Olympics, I'd say he's proven that he can play under pressure. If you pick PK that's fine, but you don't need to downplay Doughty to justify it. Doughty is an outstanding defenseman right now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinkbig View Post
Doughty = Another overrated player that we don't see play very often.

Imagine if Subban would be playing in a marketplace like St-Louis, we would all be comparing Subban to Crosby.
I don't think he's overrated at all. He had injury problems but he's looked great.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
Doughty also makes mistakes and they are 6 months apart in age. Their individual acheivements are based on different circumstances.
Subban made rookie mistakes that Doughty wouldn't. He'll improve over time but let's not kid ourselves here. Right now DD is the better guy, bar none.
Quote:
DD didn't do what PK did in the playoffs and that is highly overlooked....
Doughty more than made up for it in the Olympics on the world stage. PK played one series and we lost. Sure he played great, but Doughty is younger and has more experience behind him. You're going overboard.
Quote:
Folks said the same thing as your bolded part last season when I said (09-10) he was ready for the top 4 in Montreal, said the same thing when I said PK was ready for top pairing duty...

Some Habs fans have been so deprived of talent and success that they are overly pessimistic and try to lower down expectations....

I've watched both play a lot. There isn't much difference in overall talent. There is a difference in style of play and mental makeup.
I think PK will be great too. Hopefully that turns out to be the case. If he's even close to Doughty I'll be thrilled. I actually think he'll be better offensively.