View Single Post
Old
07-13-2011, 11:36 PM
Jeffrey Lebowski
Luuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

vCash: 500
I'm not worried about Kruger's offensive game in the future... he's proven he has an offensive game in the SEL as just a kid.

However, I'm worried about his offensive game the first 40-60 games. Beyond that, I'm worried about his ability to win faceoffs consistently and handle the physicality of the NHL. If he's gonna be our 3rd line center and fill Bolland's shoes, he's gotta improve in those departments. Bolland may not be the best faceoff guy either... but at the least, he wins nearly half his draws and isn't kicked out every few times he goes to the dot. And he can not only handle the physicality but dishes it out as well. We're so used to his superb defensive and pesky game and good offensive instincts that I just think it's hard to imagine Kruger stepping in and handling that role.

I mean, the kid has a bright future... and maybe he puts on some muscle mass, works on his draws and this all becomes a moot point and he shows what Bowman has been raving about for a while now. But from what he's shown in his brief stint in the NHL, IMO, there's a little bit of concern.

I'll admit I've been hard on him but part of me is excited that he'll prove me wrong. He's got a lot of potential... I just don't think it would hurt to start him out in Rockford, acquire a 3rd line center and when he proves he's 100% ready for the NHL we'll find a way to fit him.

Jeffrey Lebowski is offline   Reply With Quote