View Single Post
Old
07-14-2011, 04:54 AM
RangerBoy
1994 FOREVER

vCash: 500
Gaborik excited to team with Richards

Brooks spoke to Marian Gaborik yesterday. His first public comments since the Rangers signed Richards.

Quote:
Fact is, Gaborik, who was limited to 62 matches primarily because of an early season separated shoulder and a late-season concussion, opened 21 times with Erik Christensen as his pivot; 21 times with Derek Stepan; 14 times with Artem Anisimov; five times with Vinny Prospal; and once with Chris Drury. Beyond that, Gaborik never started more than seven straight games with the same center, with that dubious milestone achieved with Anisimov from Jan. 16 through Feb. 1.
Quote:
"I respect all the players I've been with but I am very excited to get the chance to play with Richie," Gaborik told The Post by phone yesterday. "I've watched him play throughout his career and always admired his game; the way he sees the ice, the way he moves the puck, the way he makes his teammates better.

"If I'm with Richie, it's going to be very exciting. You can never say how much time it might take to develop chemistry, you need to spend time together away from the ice and develop trust in each other, but I'm really looking forward to getting out there with him."
http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/range...-rss&FEEDNAME=

So no excuses this season 40-50 goals this season.

RangerBoy is offline   Reply With Quote