View Single Post
Old
07-14-2011, 08:32 AM
Liberati0n
Full Hammock

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtbag59 View Post
By the way 4th line is a different animal. Virtually every team reserves the 4th line for grinders and sandpaper guys with that usually lack skill hence the name "checking line." Basically all the unskilled guys that like to run around and hit are paired with an unskilled faceoff ace (Guys like Gordo and Steckle). It's usually relied on to win defensive zone faceoffs, rack up hits, and play sound defensive hockey.

Right now Chimera, Halpern, Sjogren, Hendricks, Beagle, Ward, Brouwer, and even Laich are all candidates to get assigned to the teams checking line at some point in time. As it stands right now though the most frequent combination will likely be Chimera-Halpern-Hendricks.

So hypothetically Perault could play on every forward line except the fourth line since he doesn't have a checking line skillset.
Look, I get that you're probably the youngest member here, but you talking down to people and trying to "educate" them is pretty amusing. Generally, checking lines are teams' third lines. Fourth lines are typically "energy lines" more than anything else. They are expected to be defensively sound, yes, but that's usually because they aren't going to score many goals and therefore need not to allow many so they aren't a liability. The Capitals have almost never had a checking line under Boudreau. I hope they will this year, but I'm not that optimistic. Also, Laich and his $4.5M will not be on the fourth line at any point, and Ward and Brouwer very likely will not either.

Liberati0n is offline   Reply With Quote