Old
07-14-2011, 09:28 AM
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianFlyer88 View Post

Que?

Prospect camp is fine and dandy, but there's a reason why the boards are sparse between mid-June and mid-September.

Fans are going to lament the Carter & Richards deals until we're watching meaningful games in the fall... and likely afterwards.
Donde es la cocina...

Yeah you kind of answered your own question. Prospect camp is obviously about the future and some of that future we got because of the trade. People can lament and mourn and I'm not that thrilled about Richards being traded but seemed there were extenuating circumstances. Needless to say I just think the lament is a bit overkill that's all and actually I don't think it will end when there are meaningful games which to me don't happen until the second half anyway..unless the team is tanking like the Devils did the first half last year. Having said this I think the Flyers won't really gel until the 2nd half anyway and in the first half the lament will probably be more pronounced especially if Pronger is still out. Personally, I'd rather talk about these things like them probably being a 6 or 7 seed this upcoming season then beating the Richards and Carter horses to death but to each their own. I just hope their names and the debate don't pollute every thread like we had when certain detractors were doing it...

FreshPerspective is offline   Reply With Quote