Thread: Line Combos: What would your final moves be?
View Single Post
Old
07-14-2011, 09:55 AM
crazyd
Canada is hockey

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habblues View Post
I`ve read many post regarding Alex Kovalev since he left town. But what many people do not remember is that he scored some big goals for us at important times of the games, and he made our Power Play a real threat to score every time. Alex always scored against the Bruins (playoffs) and was the leading goal scorer last time he faced them. He might have been the difference for us this year against the Bruins had we signed him......I think he`s worth signing for 1 year. And lets face it, he loves Montreal and the the city loves him.
A motivated Kovalev is sublime on the ice. With his strenght and skill Kovalev is a terrific threat. He can be a game changer.

But in today's hockey you need to bring your whole attributes at all times. Not doing so tends to label you as been a streaky and emotionless performer. This is Kovalev's achilles heel.

Because of that Kovalev has a hard time solidifying himself in a any NHL roster.

Unfortunatly his "style" or "mentality" of play hinders to team he plays with and this con overweights the pros of having him on the ice.

On paper, a line of AK - Eller - Kovy makes me drool. They could - not would - dominate.

crazyd is offline   Reply With Quote