Thread: Proposal: Trade with CBJ
View Single Post
Old
07-14-2011, 11:17 AM
Chalfdiggity3

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by azrok22 View Post
The issue with Wolski isn't points. It's everything else. Even if he goes out there and puts up the points, he's shown that he's not willing to battle (even in the playoffs, in close games). Torts will not stand for that, and Wolski will find himself relegated to low minutes or even being the healthy scratch.

Unless you believe that Wolski is going to approach the game with a new attitude next season, I don't see how you could think that he's actually going to get prime ice time. And, if he's not going to get prime ice time, his value is significantly diminished, because he won't even be putting up points.

While you aren't likely going to find a long-term solution via the current UFA or trade market, I think it's unlikely that Wolski is a long term solution either (due to his qualifier and willingness to compete). Therefore, if you're comparing Wolski for a year vs. Prospal for a year, Prospal makes a lot more sense as a stopgap until Kreider, etc. are ready.
I personally dont agree with that and if you read what i wrote, i am talking about how he seems to be revamping his game and his attitude towards the game. When was the last time you heard about Wolski seeking help for his game or anything? Exactly. Im saying that since befriending Boyle and Prust and so forth, it seems like they were able to show the light to Wolski and get through to him about what he needs to do to be successful just like Brian Boyle did last year. And it is about pts right now because we need players who can put the puck in the net.

I think he will get prime ice-time, either next to Richards/gabby, Ani/Cally, or Stepan/whoever. As long as he is put with offensive players he will be good. Dont really know what you mean by his battle worthyness in the playoffs, he was our leading scorer and played very well with Boyle and Prust.

I dont believe Prospal is a solution at all. The guy was injured all year. Of course in the final 29games he will play extremly well. its because the guy has been resting ALL SEASON LONG. Even in those 29 games we saw that he though he was producing, he wasnt able to keep up with the play on the ice. He is to slow, has no battle against the boards, easy to knock off the puck and so forth. I love the guy and how he has heart but id MUCH rather take a chance on a 25yo 50pt winger who seems to have found a home here and a brand new attitude on what he needs to do to be successfull in the NHL. Thats just my take and during next season we will find out either way.

But honestly there is NO desire to give Wolski up for nothing but **** just to clear capspace for what? There is no1 else out there that has the potential that Wolski has. He will most likely be gone next year anyway and the capspace will be clear. Give the guy a chance before you write him off. We all did that to Boyle and NOW look at him.

Chalfdiggity3 is offline   Reply With Quote