View Single Post
Old
07-14-2011, 11:20 AM
Radek27

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Radek27
Quote:
Originally Posted by azrok22 View Post
Unlike Wolski, Prospal actually fits on this team, and encompasses what Torts will actually utilize. I strongly disagree about the characterization that he "fell apart" in the playoffs or can't keep up in the NHL.

As you pointed out, in the 29 games he played last year, Prospal put up 23 points. In the 37 games Wolski played with the Rangers, he put up only 19 points.

As a 1 year stopgap, Prospal makes a lot more sense than Wolski, because even though he's slow and old, Torts will actually play him in the top 6 -- because Prospal will actually compete.
Wolski is the same age as the core of this team. He has as much talent as any of them as well. I don't see at all how the aging Prospal is a better fit than 25 year old Wolski.

Everyone talking about Torts distaste for Wolski remember he had Boyle sent to HDF already in his mind before camp. Players make the coaches change their minds so stop with the Torts will never play him stuff. Wolski comes in and produces I don't see why Torts wouldn't play him.

Radek27 is offline   Reply With Quote