Thread: Proposal: Trade with CBJ
View Single Post
Old
07-14-2011, 11:20 AM
freewheeler

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chalfdiggity3 View Post
Im on the complete polar opposite of alot of fans on here about Wolski. The kid had one bad season when he normally puts up 45-50pts. Which is 2nd line material. During the season he WASNT used correctly. He was put with gabby for about a couple periods a game but that was it. The only other times he was used right was with Zucca and Stepan when he had 12pts in 18games, then in the playoffs when he was put with Prust and Boyle. The guy is extremley skilled offensively and NEEDS to be put in that situation to succeed. Id personally love to see what he can do this year, rather than giving up on him after half a season and selling him off for prospects/picks that wont help us as much as Wolski.

Why not bring back Zherdev then? More skilled, just as inconsistent and useless away from the puck. There's more to a player than points. My problem is WW is similar to that of Zherdev. He makes poor decisions, has a marginal work ethic, doesn't show every night, is very one dimensional, etc. I'd rather not have someone like that in my top 6 playing alongside superstars like Gaborik and Richards. What does he bring them? Give me Prospal, Feds, even MZA, if my alternative is WW. Luckily, he seems to have some trade value, especially being in his final year. So hopefully Sather can swing something. Otherwise his value will just erode as Torts slowly picks him apart.

freewheeler is offline   Reply With Quote