Thread: Proposal: Trade with CBJ
View Single Post
Old
07-14-2011, 12:24 PM
Chalfdiggity3

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by azrok22 View Post
Unlike Wolski, Prospal actually fits on this team, and encompasses what Torts will actually utilize. I strongly disagree about the characterization that he "fell apart" in the playoffs or can't keep up in the NHL.

As you pointed out, in the 29 games he played last year, Prospal put up 23 points. In the 37 games Wolski played with the Rangers, he put up only 19 points.

As a 1 year stopgap, Prospal makes a lot more sense than Wolski, because even though he's slow and old, Torts will actually play him in the top 6 -- because Prospal will actually compete.

EDIT: Believe me, nothing would make me happier than Wolski approaching the game with a new attitude next year. However, I keenly remember our playoff series, where in a 1 goal game, Wolski decides to stop moving his legs despite a 3-4 stride lead on a defenseman racing for an icing. We don't get scored against on that icing, but that's the kind of thing that will see Wolski remain on the outside looking in when Torts is divvying up icetime, even if Wolski is more talented than those he's competing with.
Look i get what your saying but you also have to put into account that any player who has NOT played all season long just to come back at that time in the season is going to have ALOT in the tank compared to other players. But even at that time he could NOT keep up with the play and yes i agree he has tons of heart but nothing else anymore. I dont mind bringing him back and keeping Wolski but i have no interest in giving up on Wolski yet till after this season or just before the trade deadline. I dont believe Prospal is the answer since the guy CAN NOT stay healthy for a long period of time, he is breaking down.

lol i get the pts part but when your Wolski and you arent put in a chance to succeed for HALF those games then what will your pts totals look like? When he was put on a line where he can use his offensive abilities with other offensive players he was able to pot 12pts in 18games with 2 ROOKIES in Stepan and Zucca. i get what your saying about Prospal's compete level and dont mind bringin him back for insurance purposes but im not interested in giving up on Wolski for Prospal. I see a new attitude in him at the end of the season and this offseason and am wililng to see what he can do with that and a full training camp under torts.

Lol in the playoffs Wolski was our leading scorer and no offense but talking about that type of play then we should get rid of Gaborik for ****ING us over in the playoffs then.. Wolski had a huge lead on the ice against the washington player and was coasting for an icing. Sorry to say but MOST nhl players do that when they have time to get the puck. There are a number of factors as to why he was gliding to the puck for an ICING call lol.

Chalfdiggity3 is offline   Reply With Quote