View Single Post
Old
07-14-2011, 11:50 AM
LandofLincoln

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RomersWorld View Post
I just don't get it. Why give an important position like 3rd line center to an unproven player like Kruger? He left me quite unimpressed with what I saw on the Hawks. I think he will be a good, impact player in the future for the Hawks but not right now.

I couldn't see the Red Wings handing over a spot like that to a rookie. They make their players earn it in the AHL and prove they can play in the NHL before they give them a roster spot, especially a top 9 spot. I just don't see the negative in signing a 3rd/4th line center instead of starting with Kruger. If Kruger shows that he is ready to be an impact player at the NHL level then he would be brought up.
I just don't get it. Why give an important position like 3rd line center to an unproven player like Kruger? Because it is the first half the season, and that is a good time to test stuff. Because they are sitting on tons of prospects and a bag of cash to correct the situation going into the trade deadline.

Making a splash at the trade deadline makes a team better plus it gives a GM attention and job stability.

I like going into the season with a few minor ? marks. We have a veteran playoff squad mostly young guys with veterans. This is the time to give a rookie that didn't earn a spot a shot...this is the best time to do it. NOW not in the playoffs like last year.

LandofLincoln is offline   Reply With Quote