View Single Post
Old
07-14-2011, 01:32 PM
bernmeister

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jagr68NYR94Leetch View Post
Y...
Also you cant automatically move Boyle to wing. For one, a guy is size is better suited to be C and continue to work on his faceoffs. Plus Boyle should play on the 4th line. Unless he can go out this year and prove he can put up 20 goals again, that isnt changing.

I'm not quite sure what the hate is for Wolski. The guy barely had any ice time down the stretch. It's hard for a player to get into a groove if he's getting 8 minutes per game. Give the fricken guy a chance, he has the talent.

I'm sorry but your argument for the defense is PATHETIC. You're absolutely wrong in every way with this. First of all no matter what you try and say, you can't replace Staal. You can't even replace Girardi right now.

Again you make ASSUMPTIONS and throw out names like PASHNIN and PARLETT? Really? C'mon. Pashnin is not ready for the NHL. Yeah it's nice he's very physical but he needs to fine tune the rest of his game. And why the hell does Parlett get a look over Valentenko and Kundratek??? The fact that you dont even mention those names is even more laughable. Either way even if Valentenko and/or Kundratek made the team that is still going to be the weakest and youngest defense in the NHL. Teams will be chomping at the bit to play the rangers with that defense. They will walk all over their inexperienced *****.

This isn't some fantasy/video game scenario. You need to have chemistry, you need to have experience, and you need to have a plan. You just want stamkos because he's a great player. But how does that effect the rest of the organization? I'll tell you it severely handicaps us after all the scouting and transactions that have been made to get to this point and put us on the right path towards an eventual stanley cup. You just ASSUME sather will be able to go out and add somebody if need be. It doesnt work that way. The guys he got were in-season trades. McCabe was a deadline move. We wont be buyers at the deadline when we spent the whole season getting our ***** handed to us because our defense is pathetic.

Sather did not sign brad richards to take 2 steps back for this upcoming season.

And lastly, don't even mention the highest ransom, dont mention any trade proposal. The majority of yours, if not all, have been downright terrible.

Stamkos isn't getting traded. There are no sweepstakes. Lock this thread until he demands a trade or theres a legitimate source saying there are rumors of a trade. Otherwise let any stamkos news appear in the "Around the NHL" thread
Boyle = disagree.
Wolski = addressed
Girardi = disagree, he can be replaced, and more importantly, the increase in offense is worth the risk.
Staal = agree, he can't be replaced, but that might have to be part of the maximum price paid.
Pashnin = disagree, we need PMD, he competes w/MDZ in that regard, should make team as 6th, 7th D. Agree not a lock, but has ability and fills a need. We may disagree as to how much ability. When he gets the chance, then let's talk.
Valentenko = You mentioned him, so I didn't repeat his name. He's a less poised, possibly more physical version of Girardi as shot blocker, and we should use him before we lose him.
Kundratek = he can compete, and if he doesn't cut it then he becomes injury insurance for depth at D or gets traded for another asset we need. No sinister plot in not bringing him up.
Parlett = does not make team now, getting seasoning on the farm, but if this deal went through, could compete for 7th D.

... you just want stamkos because he's a great player. But how does that effect the rest of the organization?...
He's either a prima donna, or not.
If he's not, and IMO I don't think he is, then he makes everybody else he plays with better up to a certain degree because he is so dominant offensively, where we are weakest, that he takes a lot of the pressure off.

Surely, you're not saying Stamkos would not be a plus? Surely, you're just speaking as to the price and if it's a cost worth bearing?
I know, stop calling you Surely.

"... You just ASSUME...".
We are all making what each of us considers an educated guess. No one is certain, but it is reasonable that someone will turn up. It's too much to ask they have the same chemistry as Hadfield Ratelle Gilbert, but two of those three could adequately work with a third if competent or better (Ted Irvine), And occasionally you do get lucky and get a Steve Vickers.

Stamkos is a hot topic, and deserves it's own thread on that basis alone.

Disagree generally with the balance of your other comments.
But thanks for sharing.

bernmeister is online now   Reply With Quote