Support for the Islanders!? Vote Yes!
View Single Post
07-14-2011, 02:20 PM
Below: Nash's Heart
Join Date: Sep 2009
Originally Posted by
Nope, taxes will be raised.
And from what i've gathered from this thread, there are two reasons that this is a positive.
1) It will help to create new jobs.
2) Our taxes will potentially go up even if this doesn't pass.
These ideas are both easily debunked as:
1) There are many other things that can be built there that would bring more, stable jobs, than a sports arena.
2) It is not a known fact that our taxes will go up if this doesn't pass. However, it is a fact that if this passes, they will go up and be used to pay for a stadium that a billionaire owner could easily fund himself.
3) There are better uses for our tax money.
I will be voting and it will be in the no column. Additionally, I would really be surprised if this passed, as there are many conservatives on long island and raising taxes to build a sports arena isn't exactly their viewpoint on things.
The great shouldn't be the enemy of the good.
View Public Profile
Kel Varnsen's albums
Find More Posts by Kel Varnsen