Old
07-14-2011, 03:02 PM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYROrtsFan View Post
Exactly...

Prospal is going to find a way to put up 55 points. If he's completely healthy, over 60.

Dunno why people think that is just replaceable or someone else could do it.

Problem is, I don't know that he can still remain completely healthy if he plays the whole season on the top-2 lines, logging close to 20 minutes per game.

The guy will turn 37 in February.

I would rather that he plays about 43-50 games. That's how many games have at least one injury or benching. If he can contribute 30 points over 50 games, it would be a very significant contribution for a million dollars, while keeping him healthy and rested for the playoffs.

Then in the playoffs, he should play full time because - let's face it - he's still probably superior to any of our LWs other than Dubinsky.

I don't think there's a reason to over-play him during the regular season because we'll make the playoffs anyway, and having him an extra 30 games on the ice (that's assuming he's totally healthy) won't make a massive difference for us, probably no difference in standings at all.

Considering that he'll be 37 by the time playoffs begin, I would rather he be well-rested.

Beacon is online now   Reply With Quote