View Single Post
Old
07-14-2011, 05:52 PM
Vexed
Magic Marner

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuietCompany View Post
Haven't followed the team lately, has Frings made any difference? He was always a defensive minded midfielder so guessing he can still play despite his age.

Maybe ticket prices (for the side seats) will go down next year if this trend continues or is that too much to ask?

I would prefer the signing of in-form players who can make an impact rather than big names like Frings. The team has a fan base and doesn't need big names as much as guys who'll actually help them win.
Well I think the problem is two-fold. In soccer, it is difficult to attract the real talent to North America as it is. I think that you have to acquire a player like Frings and Koevermans(?) because they will help the club and give some credibility to it as well.

With the new academy on the way, their experience will only help. The biggest problem with the club right now is that Aron Winter is implementing a new system but does not have the players he needs to make that system work. A guy like Frings can still help control the midfield and hopefully bring a guy like De Guzman along further.

Koevermans has played this system extensively.

These new acquisitions seem to be about adding some ball control into our starting XI which is where we need improvements desperately.

A 4-3-3 is a heavy possession based system.

I think we are going in the right direction. When we get a good team together, it will be beautiful to watch.