View Single Post
Old
07-14-2011, 06:16 PM
headsigh
leave at once!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSutton View Post
The thread doesn't bother me, what bothers me is people coming over here and asking for help and then trying to talk to us like we're idiots. Then going over to their own board and referring to us all as idiots. Sorry, but that's not a way to ask for help.

The irony physically hurts. It really does.

Quote:
Atlanta fans need to get over it, they made their own bed on that one and the deal is done.
Do you research anything you say? Because I recommend Google, it works wonders.

The ownership group started to look for buyers in 2005- less than a year after they purchased the team. Dany Heatley killed his teammate in a car crash, and the city was willing to embrace him regardless- instead he demanded his release (which you can't even do) then demanded a trade. This same ownership group specifically went to GM Don Waddell and told him to go after older, european players in free agency to cut costs. They let Marc Savard walk and signed Steve Rucchin as a replacement for more money than Savard even requested. After 07-08, where in an open hall meeting Bruce Levenson told a STH to "deal with it", they had nothing to show for the Heatley trade nor Marian Hossa, not to mention the hundreds of draft gaffes made.

And you want to blame the fans for "making their own bed"? I'm not crying on your message board as trying to say, "I know that's popular opinion, but it isn't true." And right now you're plugging your ears and going "NANANA I CAN'T HEAR YOU".