View Single Post
Old
07-15-2011, 07:59 AM
sk84fun_dc

vCash: 500
Again, I put that line combo roster together very quickly just in response to the poster wanting to see something and of course, it's already dated with the additional signings.

Brs03 - I had the same thought about Grubauer, but given goalie depth needs the last few years (yes, I know Varlamov is not in the organization anymore) and the minor league scheduling of games, could be as simple as wanting a solid tandem in the ECHL and Machesney is there for call-ups to the AHL as people have noted. For those who might not realize it, Machesney played more games at the ECHL level last season, not the AHL. As far as goalies and SC, Shane Owen was extended a qualifying offer by SC so for now, they return his ECHL playing rights...he's the only other possible goalie in the system at this time.

Some other things to note about Grubauer... I haven't seen anything to indicate that Kingston expects him back and he does take up an overage spot plus an import spot on an OHL roster. I need to confirm this, but based on his late in the year birthdate and the CBA rules, if he doesn't play in NHL games this year, I believe his NHL contract is going to slide again and there will still be 3 years on his NHL contract whether he plays in the AHL/ECHL/CHL. I will check and update this, but pretty confident this is correct (and what happened with Holtby in his first pro season.)

To the poster who asked about the AHL (non-NHL contract players listed) - yes, there were reports for each player that they are under contract for the 2011-12 season. Also, the list is posted in the contracts thread for reference purposes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsGoBears View Post
I thought DiMichell was in there somewhere too? My hopes are Greentree is on the way out. Nice but nothing great. MicFlicker would be a nice upgrade there.
DeMichiel was on a one year contract and based on the season and being loaned out, not sure why anyone would have expected him back even before the Machesney signing.

Last edited by sk84fun_dc: 07-15-2011 at 08:05 AM.
sk84fun_dc is offline   Reply With Quote