Old
07-15-2011, 09:21 AM
RGY
(Jagr68NYR94Leetch)

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SupersonicMonkey View Post
Actually he did.

Stat surfing doesn't show you on ice development.

He came to BC as a primarily one-dimensional speedy scorer with grit.

Now he'd a legitimate two way player, that plays in all situations.

He was a top performer in the WJC his two years in the tournament. He showed flashes in the Men's WC. And every big game BC has had the last two years he was one of the top impact payers.

"Didn't improve" is what stat surfers say. He still put up double digit goals and passed 20 points. In NCAA hockey, in this era, is not bad.

Besides anything else, he still put up more points in less games then the year prior. While continuing to develop his two way game, id say that's improvement.
This.

Quote:
Originally Posted by German Way of War View Post
We have enough two-way forwards and an elite goalie with a solid d-corps. He was drafted to be a scorer -- plain and simple.

The only time in the two years in which Kreider was used properly was at the two WJC's. Comes at no surprise that the two WJC's is why Kreider is a highly-touted prospect.

Kreider has not had a good career at BC outside of a few highlight goals. If it werent for the WJC, Kreider would be upsetting all of us for his lack of production.

This is why I hated his decision to go to BC from day One. It's obvious Kreider is super talented, but Jerry York cares more about his job security than he does about developing stars.

I compared Kreider (skill-wise) to Mike Gartner. Gartner didnt play a lick of defense. And guess what -- when he was scoring 45 goals a season, nobody cared.
If you really feel this way then you must not have watched him much, if at all. I know he was drafted to be a scorer and he still is that, there's nothing wrong with him improving his 2-way game which he has done. I want Kreider to be fully developed when he is ready to turn pro. His stats arent astonishing because he hasnt been given huge minutes at BC as a freshman and sophomore. This upcoming year he is going to be the go to guy. In the WJC's he was very impressive and his offensive abilities shined. And clearly he had impressed enough to earn a spot on the world championships after this past season on a USA roster filled with NHL players.

RGY is offline   Reply With Quote