View Single Post
Old
07-15-2011, 10:35 AM
OkimLom

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WickedWrister View Post
This is how my team does it:

1 forward, 2 defensemen. That fowards job is to play up front and give a little pressure to the Powerplay QB's/Defensemen, but his main job is to keep those two guys up top to the outside. Rotate towards the puck carrier a little, but don't leave the backside exposed.

The two defensemen are pretty much playing man to man on the guys down low. Obviously, clearing the front of the net. If the opposing PP has a guy set up along the circles like he is going to one time it, let him. Chances are he's not good enough.
My team has a decent goalie, so we let him handle the long shots. I'm usually pressuring the Points. The d are clearing and keeping an eye on the front. As long as the goalie is able to see it he makes the saves. I would say we have a pretty good PKing crew for roller hockey. I think my buddy said we have let in three goals on about 28 PPs. Basically we do the same thing as you. Only our d don't pressure the guys on the side. When they do they keep the blade of their stick in front of theirs. If they one-time it it goes out of play.

OkimLom is online now   Reply With Quote