View Single Post
Old
07-15-2011, 10:57 AM
SmokeyClause

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shea Weber View Post
I don't think anyone was "concerned" about that one tweet, it was more about his overall immaturity. #TimetoGrowUp
So it was the body of tweets that is the concern? I'm more concerned that his game hasn't taken the step the Preds had hoped and that he was benched for the playoffs. I don't see how you can read anything into his tweets other than he is part of the new generation of athletes that likes to tweet. His tweets don't seem any different than many of America's greatest athletes, just mundane information and opinions that I'm stunned people actually care about.

I think people are taking their already formed opinions about him and then looking at those tweets through that prism. It's how people view Lebron James. You already think he doesn't show up in big moments based on past failures. Then you see him fidgeting on the bench or biting his nails and you say, "he's clearly scared of the moment." If a beloved "winner" like Jeter were to make similar tweets, we'd say "look how fun loving this guys is. He's such a down to earth, fun person."

SmokeyClause is offline   Reply With Quote