Thread: HockeyBuzz: Nazem Kadri for Kyle Turris?
View Single Post
Old
07-15-2011, 12:37 PM
Man Hole Inspector*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oates2Neely View Post
He wasn't that impressive in the AHL, had decent numbers but in no way dominated. Sorry its just my opinion. When Kadri was drafted, it was suggested he'd be a top line forward & a cornerstone in the Leafs Organization. After a few seasons now, he looks as if he's destined to be more of a complimentary player. And in my opinion he's got 3rd line energy guy written all over him. It's not meant as a slight, a skilled 3rd line energy winger is a must on every team. Like I said, perhaps he develops his game & becomes a fixture on the Leafs 2nd line someday. I just dont see Kadri as a perennial All-Star.
Kadri has always been labelled as a complimentary player and never once by rational considered "cornerstone" of our franchise. In the same breath you can be a complimentary player while not being a perennial All-Star much like Mike Ribeiro is. If anything Luke Schenn was given that title.

What do you expect from a 20 year old kid adjusting to the PRO game? He put up 41 points in 44 games playing against men almost twice his age. It was expected he would spend time in the AHL to further his defensive play/gain strength. It wasn't a spectacular season but a good one for sure where his offensive skills were shown. He could very well end up a third-line energy guy but that's the guessing game you play with prospects. To base potential off of statistics as a poster on this forum is pretty ignorant. In the same breath on that logic, I could say Seguin is at best a speedy 3rd line center with decent upside going forward. Kadri has played one season, get over yourself troll..