Thread: HockeyBuzz: Nazem Kadri for Kyle Turris?
View Single Post
Old
07-15-2011, 12:41 PM
Edgeworth*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oates2Neely View Post
I just don't see it in him. He looks like a fast "chip the puck in the corner & chase it" kind of guy. Early on in Toronto I saw him trying to stick handle too much (which seems as if coaching put a stop to that) & got himself into trouble. His shot is decent, he's an ok passer, got good speed but not overly-quick... & he's small. There just isn't one element to his game that's very impressive. He's just a good all around player, but imo doesnt posess the raw talent of a potential top-line winger. Again, which isn't a slight.. every team only has 3 top line players. I see Kadri as a long term very solid 3rd line energy winger who can perhaps one day help bring the Cup back to Toronto.
The problem is that you saw him early on, in his second call-up he was much more composed and his vision improved, he can stickhandle around people then slide the puck through traffic to get to who he wants. He absolutely has the raw talent of 1st line winger, not elite but the kid can move around people easily and find the open ice to make plays. He's worked on his defensive zone, he still has the offensive flair everyone saw in London and he hasn't really been crunched into the boards beside 1 or 2 times during his first call-up. He's perfectly fine.

Watch him more often this year if he plays in the NHL you'll be surprised. I could go off and say the same thing about Marchand if I only saw him during his first couple games then I'd look like an asshat.