Thread: Confirmed with Link: Craig Smith has turned Pro
View Single Post
Old
07-15-2011, 02:35 PM
glenngineer

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by barrytrotzsneck View Post
Beck has nice upside, but he has some question marks. He's not a great skater, his hockey sense/vision isn't very good--but he has potential.

On the other hand, smith is a much more polished player. Can make plays, can score goals, has great wheels...I would hope this isn't "the solution," but i think the team feels he's pretty much NHL ready. They must have said something enticing, as he was an early consideration for the Hobey Baker.
Where do you get this crap from? For a guy who doesn't have great hockey sense he's sure put in a lot of goals the past two years. Also, why does he get compared to Shane Doan so much? Doan's a heck of a player. Whatever your reasoning for bashing on Beck all the time is laughable to me. I've seen him in camp the last two years and he's always one of the bright spots among the younger players.

Smith has worked himself into a bit of a sleeper position and I think he has a lot of intangibles that make him a better overall player than what we thought he was when he was drafted. He's an overachiever but seems to be headed in the right direction. Smith shined at camp this year as well so I have high hopes for him too.

I think Smith and Beck are two different types of players too. I suspect we see one or both of them at some point in Nashville this year and then full time next year.

glenngineer is offline   Reply With Quote